Monday, July 13, 2009

Vital Puolukka is only 15% Taysmehupitoisuus

Window view of Baltic Sea, Mietoinen, about 10:45 p.m.

Here I sit in Mietoinen, Finland just before midnight, and I can still look out my window and see blue sky and the pink of the setting sun. And it will start getting brighter again in about three hours.

My problem tonight is that while I now have internet access for the first time since Saturday, I'm without the stamina to catch up. So much has happened, and I'm tired.

For now, here's what a condensed version of what I've learned since Saturday:
  • Blitzen tastes pretty good. So does Donder.
  • 3:30 a.m. is a good time to document the rising sun
  • The bottles in the liquor store on the M/S Star from Estonia to Helsinki make lots of noise once the ship starts moving
  • It's hard to practice Finnish by reading street signs out loud in a fast-moving car
  • If I want to steal something from a store, I have to do it really really quickly or really really slowly
  • Gin (sort of) comes in cans
  • I like Käki a little better than Koff
  • Cloudberry really exists
  • It's best to ask a native speaker to help determine the amount of sodium on a package of Finnish bouillon
  • That I've now been to five Olympic sites
  • There's a shortcut from the Linda Line terminal to the Old Town section of Taillin, Estonia, but it's not pretty
  • That the waitresses in Estonia's Scotland Yard restaurant wear handcuffs, the toilets look like electric chairs, and there's a good wifi signal
Villa Kivi, Helskinki (about 3:30 a.m.)

Since the sun has finally set, I should probably go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment