Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In which I have a perfect morning and discuss mostly food.

View from my seat of the Saari Manor House
This morning was one of those rare and perfect mornings in which I sit in the not-yet-hot sunshine, coffee in hand, and simply enjoy the fact of my life. Slight breeze, quiet hums of bees, children, birds. Nothing in particular to do. Time to listen and look and think. More coffee when I want it. Little notebook, pen and camera on the table. Happy to be with the kind people I've met here when the time comes, but for now, happy to be alone.

For lunch, and Geof and I ate beautiful Finnish strawberries (smaller and tastier than the American behemoths in our grocery stores), rye bread spread with buckthornberry jam and creamed herring with dill (but not at the same time).

This afternoon is a time for the poets to make presentations on their own work and to continue this morning's Geof-led discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment